Thursday, October 08, 2009

469. Graphic Illustration / Cartoon Entitled "The Roots of Creativity"

"The Roots of Creativity" Biologically Incorrect Cartoon Featuring Terra, Buz, the Fishies and the Birdies. Without a black frame.
"The Roots of Creativity" Biologically Incorrect Cartoon Featuring Terra, Buz, the Fishies and the Birdies. With a black frame.
"The Roots of Creativity" Biologically Incorrect Cartoon Featuring Terra, Buz, the Fishies and the Birdies. With a black frame and titles, captions.
The Adventures of Terra and Buz continue and live on!
Throughout the summer, while writing "The Mountain's Last Flower," I had recurring thoughts and visions about other subject matters I couldn't even touch... because it wasn't along the lines of my (rather depressing) train of thought for advancing the tragic story. I had this vision above a few dozen times for sure, and I had sketched it out on pieces of paper perhaps at least three times or so. And then a certain event occurred this past Monday in which I was tardy for Jules and the initiative of his zen meditation of lobster-baiting-and-fishing, and I left San Diego feeling sooo wretched about myself and my priorities and my very bad habit of having a difficult time to break myself from my work to a point that I disappoint other people... including Jules and my sister Jen Jen.
And I still feel horrid to this day, but this horrible feeling ultimately wanted to be expressed in positively reinforcing warmth about the continued, adventurous relationship of Terra and Buz. The image series above emerged quite rapidly and clearly when drawing into the weee hours of the night at a Kinkos near by Sunland, which finally closed at 11pm, and I finally peetered into Santa Barbara after several sleeping pitstops. Sigh! I hope Jules likes the images!
With these images, I intended the resulting image to be a little scrappy with its pencil sketches. It adds a home-madeness effect to the images!

No comments: