Monday, July 13, 2009

450. Full Moons::: A Family Comedy Moment During Papu Ray's Memorial on Sunday, July 12, 2009

Full Moons ~ A Family Comedy Moment

Maria: So, how's work going at the Kaiser Crisis Center?
Jennifer: It's been great. Very, very busy. A lot of people have been coming in the last few days. It's been a full moon.
Jean [taken aback]: What?!! That makes no sense.
Jennifer [defensively, playfully]: Yes it does! Around the time of the full moon, all the forces of the universe pull together, and that's when all the loonies tend to check in at the psychiatric wards... by the hordes!
Dwight [in declaration]: Oh, come on! I never heard about this correlation before.
Jean [in chorus]: I've never heard of this full moon research before!
Jennifer [in explanatory mode]: Oh, you skeptics. It's about the tides, the ebb tides and the flood tides.
Jenny the up-and-coming physical therapist perpetually smiles while shaking her head.
Maria [announcing, clearing her throat]: Let me, lemme explain! Because our bodies are made up of water, our psychophysical cycles synchronize with the moon, just like the tides! On the full moon, the tides go up, just like we get to be full of fluids.
Jean [sarcastically]: Hopefully they're not PMS-related fluids.
Jennifer [continuing where she left off earlier]: Then throughout the week, during the full moon, the psycho cases who are full of fluids tend to aggregate at the mental institutes. Because of that, I've been extremely busy all week! And I guess it's better being busy than NOT being busy, like the other three weeks. I don't do well with slow times. I don't do well with boredom.
Richard: We are going to have three eclipses within the next six weeks!
Jennifer: Oh no! Oh no! New cycles! I'll be super busy!
Richard [whispering to Victoria]: Show me the data, show me the data, show me the data!
[The New MyBigFatGreekWedding Windex Theory for the Mental Cases]

2 comments:

Victoria "Stokastika" said...

I imagine Ray being there, watching us all have this hilarious conversation, his holding a skeptical take, just as Uncle Dwight, his skeptical smile. It's funny, based on my mind's historical construction of Ray's personality, I have some level of ability to project "what Ray would have done if he were here." But then again, he's real, here in my mind. And maybe he really was there. Never know. His pieces are in each and every one of us.

Victoria "Stokastika" said...

Lunar and Lunacy the same thing. Lunatics because of their correlation with the lunar cycle. Full moon research, some noticeable differences in organisms like lobsters hiding. Octopus are 100% moon creatures in terms of organized behavior. And all fish spawn right on the moon. Earthquakes happen on the moon. Doves on patio lay two eggs, eggs hatched, flew away... one full moon, full moon, full moon, all major events in reference to the full moon.