Thursday, October 30, 2008

340. Psychology and Human Ecology of Scale: Excerpt from Living in a Dying World: ALL ROUGH DRAFT!

Page 1 from a 12-page excerpt from "Living in a Dying World." PDF File of the version is found here: http://stokastika2.googlepages.com/excerptfromlivinginadyingworld.pdf. The wrting is very rough-and-gruff, but at least it's piecing the parts of the puzzle more than usual.
Towards a Psychology and Human Ecology of Scale Page 1. ROUGH DRAFT. Resulting document from re-reading the excerpt "Living in a Dying World."

Towards a Psychology and Human Ecology of Scale Page 2. ROUGH DRAFT. Resulting document from re-reading the excerpt "Living in a Dying World." PDF file of Psychology/Human Ecology of Size can be found here: http://stokastika2.googlepages.com/psychologyofscaleSKETCH.pdf.

Since all of this is rough-draftish and sketchy-ish, you are probably wondering... more so, I am wondering WHY I am placing this material on line. The reason is... REPEAT OCCURRENCE OF THOUGHT. In the last 6 weeks, I probably have had conversations about this issue to more than a dozen people. And it drives me nuts to have repeat ideas. I just want to get rid of them... lay my demons down, so-to-speak. I framed several conversations, with fellow graduate students, and even one of my advisors, revolved around the notion of scale--group size--and how it impacts individual psychology. And here is the rough sketch that could potentially be a "math model" in the bare essentials of human-environmental interactions. Should be a video game.

I seriously need to get these ideas off my chest and get this grueling essay OUT IN THE OPEN. I know it's coming.... My winter break will be HXLL, period.
I just need to let go of all these ideas! Let them out of my head. I want NEW ONES!

No comments: