Thursday, May 29, 2008

220. Alex and Alysson Grey: Eureka! I Found Very Inspiring Artists! Human-Environmental Relations!


Please refer to http://www.alexgrey.com/.

Dear Dr. Grey:
My name is Victoria Minnich and I am one of the first three Ph.D. students in environmental media at the Donald Bren School of Environmental Science and Management at UC Santa Barbara. I wanted to clearly state that your artwork has been perhaps the most inspiring to me-- given all artists I have been exposed to in my 26 years of existence-- and has crystallized/visualized the process of my writing a lengthy manuscript entitled Question Reality: An Investigation of Self-Humans-Environment (
www.lulu.com/questionreality). My questions are three-fold: (1) For future reference and budgeting of my time in graduate school, do you hold internships on a quarterly (10-week basis), and where specifically? (2) Do you have any galleries or hold any workshops in California (southern California more specifically), and (3) Would you be interested in a film interview in concern of the theme of art and the environment (also if I could feature your artwork in a planned music video entitled "Perceptual Relativity")?
Thank you so much for your time and attention,With much regards, Victoria Minnich,
stokastika1@yahoo.com
Dr. Grey's wife (Alysson, I believe) is also a fractal artist, and his daughter Zena is very well networked in Hollywood. A red carpet figure.

No comments: